New for 2018, the award winning Ananda in the Himalayas has announced a series of introductory wellness programmes, as well as a new partnership with Shakti Himalaya to offer new walking and wellbeing holidays. Located close to Rishikesh, the destination spa is also launching a special promotion to celebrate 50 years since the Beatles practiced meditation there, and is collaborating again with UK fitness guru Matt Roberts on an autumn retreat.
Discover Ayurveda and Yoga – special 5-night introductory programmes
Get back to yoga basics or discover how simple changes to your diet and lifestyle can significantly impact your wellbeing. Providing an introduction to Ayurveda, meditation and yoga – without being overwhelming – Ananda’s newly designed ‘Introduction to Wellness’ programmes combine carefully selected spa therapies to meet specific goals. There’s also ample time to attend Ananda’s range of complimentary wellness sessions, including yoga, fitness and meditation classes, as well as Vedanta lectures and treks. The five-night programmes are:
- Introduction to Yoga - cultivate the ancient discipline of yoga to recharge, enhance clarity of thought and achieve a heightened sense of balance in mind, body and soul
- De-Stress - this programme focuses on a healthy lifestyle which aims to minimise stress, create positive changes and promote synergy in your life
- Active - integrates the best of indoor workouts along with outdoor activities such as personal fitness training, guided outdoor treks, yoga, aqua fitness and therapeutic spa experiences to enhance muscle tone and cardiovascular fitness
- Detox Starter - the perfect introduction to detoxing at Ananda. Rest the digestive system through controlled eating of whole organic foods, improve circulation of the blood and lymphatic systems, filter toxins from the body and nourish it with essential nutrients
- Renew - this programme cleanses the body from within and provides relief from muscle stiffness, rheumatism and arthritis
Those seeking a more intensive experience should book onto one of Ananda’s signature Comprehensive Wellness Programmes. Fully immersive to achieve transformational results, these programmes feature increased daily therapies, combined with personal sessions of yoga, meditation and fitness depending on the individual’s specific goals. For a more in-depth experience of meditation, Ananda’s newest 7-night Dhyana programme has proved very popular since its launch. Be guided individually by some of the most experienced meditation and yoga masters to steadily increase self-awareness, intensify focus and completely de-stress.
Beatles 50th Anniversary – Complimentary Ashram and Rishikesh tour
2018 marks 50 years since the Beatles travelled to Rishikesh – the birthplace of yoga – to practice transcendental meditation at the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram. Ananda is located just a short drive from this quaint Himalayan town, which has now become a ‘pilgrimage’ destination for enlightenment. To celebrate the Beatles anniversary, Ananda is offering all those booking its 7-night Dhyana Meditation programme in September 2018, a complimentary day trip to the ‘Beatles Ashram’, as well as a spiritual temple tour around Rishikesh.
Matt Roberts Returns for Second Retreat (1 – 8 November)
In November, Ananda is delighted to welcome back leading London based fitness guru and personal trainer Matt Roberts, who will lead a bespoke seven night retreat at the Indian spa. Guests can enjoy all of the inclusions of the Ayurvedic Rejuvenation package, including a range of spa treatments, as well as additional gym training and treks led by Matt.
The enchanting landscapes and abundance of wildlife around Ananda lend themselves perfectly to hiking: from the four-hour Kunjapuri Temple Trek with views of the area’s signature snow-capped peaks to the downhill hike through the Sal forests to a suspension bridge over the Ganges. The retreat will take place from 1 – 8 November 2018 and costs from £5,040 per person based on two sharing for seven nights, all-inclusive (except flights).
Ananda unveils exciting line-up of Visiting Masters for 2018
From Reiki to Crystal Healing, Ananda will welcome a wide range of visiting wellness practitioners throughout 2018. They include:
- Meridians Energy Healing and Emotional Release Therapy with Jasrin Singh (21 Apr – 11 May). Jasrin Singh is a Transformation Coach and Healer, whose key motivations lie in enabling people to reach their highest potential, to help them live happier, healthier, more abundant lives. Meridians Energetics™ is a new trademarked Healing modality that works directly with the etheric and energy body using the Meridian points and the Chakra system, to increase vibrancy, open the heart, reduce emotional baggage and balance the masculine and feminine energies. It also helps to heal more dysfunctional patterns which may lead to disease, addiction, lack of vibrancy, low self-esteem and depression.
- Healing & Self Empowerment with Preeti Sethi (1 – 31 May). Dr. Preeti Sethi, a Clinical Psychologist and Counsellor, uses hypnotherapy, past-life regression therapy and healing in order to heal the mind, body, and soul.
- Crystal Healing, Reiki and Intuitive Massage with Jill Banwell (1 – 30 Sept). Jill uses the fields of Intuitive Massage, Reiki, Tarot, Crystal and Colour Healing, Yoga and Meditation to gently enable deep relaxation. Clients leave feeling rebalanced and re-energised.
New Partnership with Shakti Himalaya
New for 2018, Ananda is partnering with Shakti Himalaya, to offer twin-centre holidays in the Indian Himalayas. Shakti is a luxury operator specialising in curated village-to-village walks in the compellingly beautiful Indian Himalayas. Enjoy the rejuvenating effects of remote surroundings, stunning mountain scenery and snow-capped peaks on a private guided walk, staying in beautifully renovated houses. Then relax and rejuvenate with a seven night wellness program at Ananda.
For more information on Ananda In the Himalayas, visit www.anandaspa.com