Ubud’s riverside Dharma Shanti Bale to host 2018 visiting yoga masters programme
Those intent on making 2018 the Year of Living Well will have a rare opportunity to practise with some of the world’s most in-demand yoga masters in the lush highlands of Ubud, as part of the annual masters-in-residence programme at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan.
From Iyengar and Adventure Yoga to Vinyasa Flow and Peace & Power Yoga, the spiritually-charged riverside sanctuary will host dynamic new classes by visiting masters throughout 2018. Each practitioner will be in residence for up to two-weeks offering both group and private sessions at the resort’s Dharma Shanti Bale, nestled amidst rice fields and towering palms beside the sacred Ayung River.
The visiting masters will complement the resort’s regular yoga programe which includes Bali’s only certified AntiGravity Yoga, monthly Full Moon Yoga under the stars, and Restorative Hot Stone Yoga. Guests can also journey inwards with meditation, Life Talks and even a Sacred Nap suspended amidst the jungle with Sayan’s wellness mentor and former Buddhist nun, Ibu Fera.
“There is an ethereal energy in the Sayan Valley that compels us to connect with our life force, breathe deeply, absorb the forest symphony, embrace the world around us and live well,” said Luisa Anderson, Regional Director of Spas for Four Seasons Resorts Bali. “Our wellness programme brings all of these elements together and we are delighted to offer guests even greater variety and access to global yoga masters, who have all been hand-picked for their unique styles and philosophies.”
The 2018 masters-in-residence programme includes:
- January 8-21: Iyengar Yoga with Lisa Tonelli who trained at the Iyengar Yoga Institute and incorportates yoga teachings into wellbeing and stress management consultation services
- March 2-14: Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Zara Miranda who creates powerful sequences to release emotions
- March 25 – April 6: Kundalini Yoga with Niki Dallhammer, a clinical psychotherapist, Life Coach and Fulbright Scholar. She treats psychological imbalances and energy blockages
- May 14-26: Power & Peace Yoga with Sikin Samji, linking movement with breathto help self-discovery and mental and physical agility
- June 2-14: Vinyasa Yoga with Amy Johnston for a dynamic, moving meditation that sync breath, body and mind
- July 15-27: Adventure Yoga with Stephen Ewaskiw to give the knowledge, courage and empowerment for people to make their own choices and step outside their comfort zone with focus
- September 16-28: Vinyasa Yoga with Lara Zilibowitz, famed for her fluid and dynamic style. Each practice is a call for conscious connection with oneself and the world around
- October 14-26: Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Jolie Manza who has a major focus on core strength and body awareness, drawing her influence from her years as a dancer and personal trainer
- November 5-17: Vinyasa Yoga with Matt Julian to explore the feeling of being grounded and connected through an energetic yet playful flow