Celebration is officially in the crisp, oxygen-rich air surrounding The Alpina Gstaad. To mark its fifth birthday the upscale Swiss mountain hotel and retreat has curated an exclusive collection of packages and wellness programmes running throughout the summer season. (From 10 June- 23 September).
Two special five-night fifth anniversary packages bookend the celebratory mood:
- 5 Days, 5 Experiences, 5 Senses is the option with wellness meets cultural star billing. Harnessing the power of the five senses, it takes guests on a unique wellness and cultural odyssey over the course of five nights. Including an exclusive tour of the hotel’s own art collection (sight), private dinner in the garden gazebo (taste), spa treatment at the Six Senses Spa (touch), private use of the cinema (sound) and guided tour around a local cheese factory (smell).
- Happy Birthday Five Night Package amps up the gastronomic credentials. Including a complimentary suite category upgrade, private tour behind the scenes of the hotel, plus five course tasting menu at the in-house Michelin starred restaurant, Sommet, it’s one for the fine food aficionado. With a CHF 500 credit note per person to be used at the hotel’s restaurants or in the spa, it offers a flavour of all aspects of luxury intrinsic to The Alpina, Gstaad.
‘Luxury in Bubbles’ with Dr Burgener Switzerland
This four-day luxury retreat features two daily signature treatments from Dr Burgener using cutting-edge Swiss technologies fused with natural actives to achieve ultimate results. Hand-pick your choice of treatment from a trio of three:
- Burgener’s Chardonnay Antioxidant Ritual- a full body scrub, wrap and massage using the anti-ageing properties and seed extracts of the Chardonnay grape which leave skin glowing with health and vitality.
- The Swiss Anti-Aging Jewel Facial- a deep cleansing treatment using a unique bamboo peel followed by a rejuvenating massage, nourishing serum and a precious royal jelly extracted straight from alpine hives- which firms and tones skin.
- The luxury Green Caviar Facial – a regenerative skin treatment that harnesses the power of VitaSkin ultrasound and an intense dose of green caviar and gold trace elements.
Celebratory Integrated Wellness Programmes
Destress with Art at The Alpina Gstaad
According to a recent US study, just 45 minutes of artistic activity a day can reduce stress related activity in the body by up to 75%. This four-day retreat led by French Painter Monique Bornstein introduces guests to watercolour techniques and the concept of art as a form of meditation and therapy. A fully integrated wind-down spa programme at the Six Senses Spa includes complementary wellness screening, daily yoga, Tai Chi, meditation and targeted stress relieving spa treatments.
Energy Healing Retreat
This four-night restorative break boosts energy levels and improves mental clarity. A powerful fusion of Reiki and Universal White Time Healing sessions alleviate stress, free up chakra blockages and help guests regain equilibrium. Kundalini back treatments rebalance the nervous system. Yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, a signature amethyst wrap and holistic massage, all complete the other vital elements key to this nurturing ritual.
Tibetan Healing Retreat
Available throughout the summer, the four-night Tibetan Healing Retreat relieves stress, fatigue and works to rebalance and rejuvenate body and mind. A key element is Hor-me therapy; which works on the belief that the five elements of earth, fire, water, air and space are the fundamental wellness principles. Starting with a personal consultation with Tibetan singing bowls and a Ku Nye massage and pulse reading to identify body constitution, a bespoke treatment plan is then created to improve overall health and energy levels. Complementary treatments include meditation, Tibetan yogic breathing, fomentation and massage.