The New Year party season is coming up, but for those looking for a more soulful transition to 2018, Four Seasons Resorts Bali invites you to embrace the island’s niskala energy with a dove release, psychic reading, sacred jewellery-making or an afternoon nap suspended in a silk cocoon.
Drawing on their distinct settings, the riverside retreat of Four Seasons Sayan and the beachfront Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay have created unique wellness experiences to celebrate the New Year Bali-style. “The Balinese consider a New Year as a time for cleansing, balancing and purification,” said Uday Rao, General Manager of Four Seasons Resorts Bali. “A time to restore balance between sekala (the seen or physical world) and niskala (the unseen or spiritual world). Of course, we will have singing, dancing, fireworks, elaborate dinners and poolside brunches, not to mention our new Sokasi cooking school at Sayan, but we encourage guests to balance this out with more introspective activities.”
Four Seasons Sayan
Resident wellness mentor and former Buddhist Nun, Ibu Fera, will lead an inspiring array of activities for guests to transition from 2017 to 2018 with optimism and enthusiasm:
- 24 December: Rudraksha jewellery-making; the beads are renowned for their unique vibration and are worn by Balinese as protection against negative energies.
- 31 December: Ceremony of Peace with dove release and sound therapy using pure quartz crystal singing bowls, tuned to 432 HZ aligned with the intonation of nature.
- 1 January: Sacred Nap suspended mid-air in a silk cocoon. Feel your entire body relax as Fera tells the life story of Buddha, rocks you to sleep and sings chants that mingle with the ethereal sounds of the forest.
View the full festive programme at Four Seasons Sayan including Christmas and New Year dinners, spa offers, cooking classes, Countdown Party and kids’ activities. Save 25% on bookings over the festive period with the Advance Purchase Offer.
Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay
- 28 December – 6 January: Wondering what 2018 has in store for you? Find out with a Sixth Sense reading by renowned psychic, Marco Della Valle. Mediumship Readings are also available for those wanting to connect with someone special on the other side.
- 20 December – 10 January: A makeover will have you feeling fresh and fabulous as you step into 2018. New York celebrity hair stylist Eric Rosado will get you red carpet ready and turning heads, whether you’re planning a quiet celebration or kicking your heels up.
- 25-29 December & 1-5 January: Make your own Balinese canang offering to thank the supreme God for blessings and protection from evil spirits over the past year, and wish for a better year ahead.
- 31 December: As the sun sets for the last time in 2017, join our ocean-front meditation themed Letting Go and Moving On.
View the full festive programme at Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay including Sundara’s Carnivale Countdown Party, beach-front brunches, sumptuous Christmas and New Year feasts, spa offers and kids’ activities. Enjoy a complimentary 4th night free with the Stay Longer promotion over the festive period.