The Good Spa Guide, the UK’s leading authority on the spa industry, last night revealed the results of its 10th annual awards, having received a total of 227,546 votes recorded – twice as many as last year.
Winners of the 2019 Good Spa Awards – in association with ESPA – were announced during a gala dinner at the Spa Life conference in Coventry. Eight of the awards were chosen by consumers, and only the winner of Best New Spa - The Spa at South Lodge in West Sussex – was selected by The Good Spa Guide team.
Other categories included best country retreat, destination spa and urban spa, as well as best spa for customer service. Spas in County Durham, Hampshire, Lancashire, Nottinghamshire, Manchester, Cheshire and West Sussex all received accolades.
THE RESULTS IN FULL
- Best Country Retreat Spa sponsored by Travelzoo – Champneys Forest Mere, Hampshire
- Best Day Spa sponsored by Dale Sauna – The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village, Lancashire
- Best Boutique Spa sponsored by Elemental Herbology – Stanley House Hotel and Spa, Lancashire
- Best Destination Spa sponsored by Caudalie – Aqua Sana Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire
- Best Spa for Customer Service sponsored by Natura Bisse – Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall, Co Durham
- Best Spa for Wellness sponsored by BC Softwear – Rockliffe Hall, Co Durham
- Best Urban Spa sponsored by The Organic Pharmacy – The Spa at The Midland, Manchester
- Best Health Club Spa – The Mere Golf Resort & Spa, Cheshire
- Best New Spa sponsored by ESPA – The Spa at South Lodge, West Sussex
Caitlin Dalton, Editor at The Good Spa Guide, said, “We’re delighted to highlight and reward UK spa industry excellence through our awards. This year there’s been some incredible new and refurbished spas and facilities, showcasing the finest technology, design, materials and planning. The results are the latest word in luxury for an audience that is increasingly seeking relaxation and an escape from everyday life.
“We’ve been really struck this year by the smaller spas that offer a more bespoke, quirky and private experience. They deserve particular praise for their creativity and flexibility,” she added.