- NEW HERB-INSPIRED HIKES AND EXPERIENCES
- POP-UP CABANAS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NYETIMBER
- STEAMY ART & COCKTAILS
- NEW ANTI-AGEING PROGRAMME AT THE SIX SENSES SPA
This summer, your senses will thank you at The Alpina Gstaad, with its exciting range of herbal culinary delights and experiences:
- Tease the palate with thyme-infused drinks and cakes, the hotel’s own brand gin flavoured with fresh citrus and liquorice) and homemade ice tea, which is bursting with flavours of local wild herbs
- Create your own herbal essence to add to drinks or enjoy in the bath
- Join Michelin starred chef Martin Göschel for a hike in the surrounding mountains, to learn about and collect different types of herbs. Then create your personal combination of flavours and aromas. Every Thursday from 1 – 4pm (CHF 1600 for up to 6 people).
- Enjoy a Herbal Hike Weekend which includes the hike with chef: exclusive herbal-inspired food and cocktail workshops; a vegan herbal lunch; creating a herbal essence which is used to inspire a sumptuous 3-course dinner; and a signature herbal treatment in the Six Senses Spa. The weekend runs from 6-8 September (CHF 2,000based on double occupancy).
English Sparkle in the Swiss Mountains – Nyetimber Cabanas
Bringing some English sparkle to the Swiss mountains this summer, Nyetimber is launching a series of pop-up lodges at The Alpina Gstaad. The three exclusive Nyetimber Summer Lodges will be serving up England’s finest sparkling wine, from 6 July.
Located in the hotel’s garden, each lodge will capture the spirit of three Nyetimber cuvees; Classic Cuvee, Rosé, and Cuvee Chérie Demi-Sec, providing a sophisticated setting in which to relax and celebrate with loved ones and friends.
Open from 10.00am – 9.00pm, the Nyetimber Summer Lodges will provide hotel guests with a chance to enjoy a glass of Nyetimber’s award-winning collection of sparkling wines during the heat of the day, or as the sun sets over the majestic Bernese Alps. Each Lodge will have a ‘Push For Nyetimber’ button, for instant service and refreshment.
Curated by Executive Chef Martin Göschel, specially created food and wine packages will complete the experience, including delights from the hotel’s internationally recognised and Michelin star award-winning restaurants, Megu and Sommet, as well as The Alpina Lounge Bar.
Produced from handpicked vineyards across the South of England, Nyetimber’s award-winning sparkling wines are known for their elegance, delicacy and finesse.
The Nyetimber Summer Lodges will be open from 6 July – 22 September. Cuvees available will include Classic Cuvee Multi-Vintage, Rosé Multi-Vintage, Cuvee Chérie Demi-Sec Multi-Vintage, Tillington Single Vineyard 2013, Blanc de Blancs 2013, as well as the renowned prestige cuvees 1086 White 2009 and 1086 Rosé 2010.
Steamy Art and Cocktails
Ready for summer, the hotel has welcomed a new art piece from Thomas Schütte, one the world’s foremost visual artists. “Das Drittes Tier” (or Third Animal) is a mythic, fantastical creature – both imposing and playful – whose solid bronze exterior is punctuated by uncanny bursts steam “exhaled” from its nostrils.
In celebration of this latest addition to the hotel’s expansive art collection, The Alpina Gstaad has launched two new cocktails, inspired by the steam exhaled from the creature’s nose. Served in a teapot, ‘The Sayuri’ blends mango, yuzu juice and shiso leaves with vodka and ginger ale. ‘The Hattori’ features sake, apple juice, peach liqueur rose syrup in a shot glass.
New Holistic Anti-Ageing Programme
Ageing gracefully is the focus of a new programme at The Alpina Gstaad’s Six Senses Spa. Taking a fully holistic approach, the Anti-Ageing Programme celebrates outer beauty, enhances one’s inner beauty and improves mental wellbeing, helping to overcome lifestyle-related ageing affects for ultimate wellbeing.
On offer are highly personalised three, five and seven night programmes, each combining scientific advances in nutrition, fitness and neuroscience with ancient wisdom to achieve a healthy, balanced body and mind. Each includes personal wellness screenings and skin analysis, private and group fitness activities, meditation or Pranayama, face and body treatments, colonic cleansing and rejuvenation, plus supplements. For full inclusions see the programme details on The Alpina Gstaad website. A three night anti-ageing programme starts from CHF 3,670pp based on double occupancy on full board basis.
For more information, visit www.thealpinagstaad.ch