Hayo’u Method launches their latest addition to the collection, The Rose Quartz Beauty Restorer (£38). According to Chinese stone medicine, Rose Quartz specifically engages with the energy of the heart meridian, which is at its strongest in the morning. So, practice the Beauty Restorer Rose Quartz ritual first thing to reveal a glowing, hydrated complexion.
Known in Chinese Medicine as the ‘outstanding stone’, Rose quartz is packed full of minerals, including silicium, magnesium, iron, sodium and oxygen. This powerful mix of minerals combined with a hexagonal stacked crystal structure means that rose quartz retains heat and cold effectively, which results in a unique ability to cool the skin and support the renewal of skin cells. As such, this rose quartz gua sha tool is the perfect aid for skin conditions such as rosacea.
In addition to these physical benefits, rose quartz has a number of emotional properties in Chinese Medicine. The pink hue of the rose quartz indicates a positive emotion and is believed to engage with and tonify the heart energy. This helps maintain healthy blood flow and circulation, which, in turn, ensures effective nourishment of the skin.
Founder and Chinese practitioner Katie Brindle comments “Hayo’u Method has distilled the essence of thousands of years of Chinese wisdom into simple, one-minute rituals and self-treatment tools. Through gua sha, a massage technique using the Rose Quartz Beauty Restorer and conscious breathing exercises, you can help reduce the signs of premature ageing, while also looking after your internal health.”
Click here to view the Rose quartz morning gua sha facial ritual
Did you know?
- Rose quartz is associated the world over with unconditional love and being the crystal to support heart energy. The earliest recorded civilisations in Egypt, Greece and Rome all revered rose quartz as having magical properties. The Egyptians believed it could prevent ageing.
- Rose quartz contains:
- Silicium (silica) helps hold our skin together and create elasticity. Silica also promotes strong hair, nails, teeth and gums. This water-soluble mineral also decreases the effects of coronary heart disease by repairing lung tissue.
- Magnesium helps relieve muscle spasms as well as prevent migraines. It also has a lot of anti-inflammatory benefits that can slow down aging and reduce stress.
- Iron is an oxygen carrier that helps regulate blood circulation and eliminates fatigue. This essential mineral may also help with women’s menstruation as iron can replace lost red blood cells.
- Sodium is an important electrolyte that regulates your blood pressure as well as improve brain function and prevent sunstrokes from happening. In skincare, sodium is a key component to fighting free radicals (that speed up the ageing process).
- All of these properties serve to help generate skin cell renewal, as well as improve uneven or dull skin complexion. It is believed that by simply holding crystal to your skin you can absorb its properties (unsubstantiated by Western studies).
- Emotional properties – Rose quartz engages with the heart in Chinese medicine, where it is believed to tonify the heart energy. This also makes it a perfect skincare choice. A strong heart system helps maintain healthy blood flow and circulation, which ensures effective delivery of nourishment of the skin. The heart also has a role in regulating sleep, and good quality sleep will also support the complexion.
- Rose quartz engages with heart energy, which about enhancing Fire energy. The pericardium meridian corresponds to 7pm-9pm, however, it is the Grave of Fire (which means Fire energy is having a rest at this time of the day). 9pm-11pm is the time Water is active, and Fire is completely extinct. Therefore, the night is not a good time to enhance Fire energy in the body.
- The best time to gua sha with rose quartz is from early morning to 1 pm. This is because Fire energy are active in the morning and the noontime, we can enhance the Fire energy in the body by following the natural energy pattern of a day.
- Hayo’u Beauty Oil has been specially formulated to work with rose quartz crystal.
To find out more about all Hayo’u products and rituals, visit www.hayoumethod.com