This autumn, there’s a very different ‘Big Five’ to discover – in the alpine village of Lech. Switch the savannah for the mountains in search of ultimate thrills, on the new Big Five programme at Hotel Arlberg.
Responding to an increased demand for more local, exciting experiences, Hotel Arlberg has launched the new package ready for autumn. It includes five hair-raising activities that are guaranteed to provide ‘big game’ level thrills.
Adrenalin-seeking guests on the ‘Big Five’ programme can test their head for heights with the Flying Fox, Paragliding and Mountain Climbing, then unsettle their nerves further with a session of Wild Water Swimming and then Canyoning. All of the activities take place in and around the beautiful region of Lech, within half an hour’s transfer from the hotel.
Much needed rest and recuperation is offered in the form of relaxing spa treatments in the hotel’s new wellness facility.
If the Big Five is too much to handle, then the team at Hotel Arlberg can also arrange other activities, such as outdoor nature yoga and forest bathing, a round of golf at Austria’s highest course, or a spin around the local area in the hotel owners’ old Mercedes Benz.
The Big Five programme costs from EUR 489 per person, which includes all five activities. Prices at Hotel Arlberg start from EUR 360 per double room per night on half board basis. Fly to Zurich airport, from where it is a scenic 2.5 hour car ride, or Innsbruck airport where it’s just an hour’s transfer. https://arlberghotel.at/en/
About The Big Five Activities
- 29 EUR for adults, 22 EUR for children
- Duration 1-2 h
- Includes zip lines, 25m rappelling from a bridge, climbing on rocks and more
- 30 min transfer from the hotel in the beautiful canyon of the Bregenzerach river
- 75 EUR per person
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Takes place in a beautiful gorge between Lech and Zug, a short 10 mins drive from the hotel
Hydro Speed – Wild Water Swimming
- 95 EUR per person
- Duration 3 – 4 hrs
- Following the beautiful river Lech, past the hotel to Warth
- 110 EUR per person (3 – 4 person per group)
- Duration 3 – 4 hrs
- Karhorn Mountain peak, around 20 min drive from Lech
Paragliding (with guide)
- 180 EUR per person
- Duration 1.5 hrs (airtime 12 minutes)
- Departs from Rüfikopf, within walking distance of the hotel, taking the gondola to the mountain peak and landing on the golf course